Tuesday 14 July 2015

DIY Wedding Day Memory Frame


 Hey there pretty brides!

Your wedding day is something you wish to cherish in your memories forever. Having some of your favourite wedding shots printed and hung up is one of the most popular ways to showcase and remember it. There are so many details, however, that go into a wedding, that you may not want to have framed, simply because, naturally, you would prefer a photo of you and your new hubby rather than detail pictures of your décor or bouquet, no matter how amazing the pictures turned out.

There is a way, however, to pinch some of these details and, by being a bit crafty, create something that will become a great keepsake and amazing décor!

This is my Wedding Memory Frame, and if you keep scrolling, I will show you how you can make one of your own!

What you will need:

~ A "deep" frame
~ wedding day memoribilia
~ pieces of wedding decor
~ pins
~ spray paint (optional)

Let us begin!

First Step: Find a 'deep' frame. This retro frame was about to be thrown out, but it was rescued! Rescued and re-purposed! For a good memory frame, you will need one where the back and the glass are at least 1 inch apart. A conventional frame will have the glass practically pressed up against the back, and that will not do. You can find these at any thrift store, or maybe your grandparents basement!


Step Two: Assemble the Pieces. This is where you find and grab items from your wedding to place inside the memory frame. As you see below, I chose one of the cards we received, our wedding day program that I designed (grabbed 2 so I could show both sides at once), my husbands boutonnière, the pins from my bouquet, and pearl strings that were a big component of my décor and theme.


Step Three: Pin it in place. Using the pins from my bouquet and mu husband's boutonnière, I laid everything out on the black cardboard and laid it out until I was satisfied with the arrangement.



Step Four: Clean up the frame. Before putting it all together, I wanted to give the frame a good clean, as well as an upgrade. I cleaned the glass, and then spray painted the inner border white, while leaving the gold trim.


Step Five: Put it all together, add the pearls and a few small touches, et voilà! Tout fini!


Cheers, ladies!


~ The Sheepish Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment