Thursday 30 July 2015

Who I Hired - And why they're amazing {pt 1}

There's a lot of trust that goes into the people you get involved in your special day, and having your expectations met, or even succeeded, by these people, makes the whole experience that much better!

I was very fortunate in the people that I chose for all kinds of aspects of our wedding, and I am going to share a little bit about their work and why I think anyone would be safe and lucky to hire these vendors! Links to their sites follow each description.

{ MAKE UP }




While I am very confident in my make-up skills, it's lovely to get pampered (and have someone else put fake lashes on you if you're no good at it!).
I love being able to get along with people that I work with, and Jennifer Ashley was a doll! She is very professional and takes everything she does seriously and cheerfully. She did a wonderful job on myself, my mother, as well as my bridesmaids. You would have never known she didn't take up schooling, but she is a lover of fashion and beauty and runs her own blog.


{ PHOTOGRAPHER }  



This is probably one of the hardest area to choose a vendor. There are many photographers in the market, but there are certain aspects that you should consider when narrowing down your choices. First of all, you definitely want someone who is experienced with weddings. Unlike most kinds of photography, when it comes to weddings, there are not going to be moments you can pause and strike a pose. Lighting and weather can also change unexpectedly, so it takes both an experienced and skilled photographer to get the job done. AJ Batac and Krypton Enerio are those kinds of photographers. I personally prefer having more than one photographer to capture different angles of a certain moment. AJ and Krypton are a great photography team, and thanks to them, we have hundreds of gorgeous memories frozen in time to remind us of that day, forever. Check them out!

AJ Batac  <------------ > Krypton Enerio


{ FLORAL }




This is an example of someone who went above and beyond my expectations. From the moment we met for a consultation, I knew Fancy Fleurs (Debbie) had my best interests at heart. The bouquets and boutonnières were just as I had envisioned them, and maybe even better! The church décor was a bit more spruced up than I thought it would be, and the quality of her work was exquisite. I will vouch for her any day and highly, highly recommend her!


{ VIDEOGRAPHER }

I was iffy about videography, mostly because I did not like the idea of having too many people with cameras running around and getting in the way or interrupting the experience. This is why both my husband and I really appreciated Leonard Ulrich's approach, which was to be as out of sight as possible. His work is very professional, and we were very pleased with the quality of the video and sound. The pictures give a magical touch, but his video had a more home-video feel which really captured the events raw, with only some clean editing, which really brought the day back for us, along with the raw emotions we experienced that day. We loved having 4 angles, and how expertly he combined them to make the video flow naturally.



{ BAKING }


The Cake
This is more of a shout out, because the lovely lady who baked my cake has now officially retired. Thank you so much, Maria Wilms for the beautiful cake and cupcakes! They were delicious and simply lovely works of art! I loved how she combined all the ideas I had, such as pearls and petal-like ruffles, and made them work.



The Macaroon Favors
I searched high and low for someone to make French macaroons as our wedding favors, and I hit the jackpot with Macaroons by Melissa! Everyone that has tried her macaroons agree with me that they are the most delicious macaroons they have ever had in Winnipeg! Or at least they are definitely giving Jenna Rae Cakes some serious competition! Having my expectations set high during my time in France, I was very impressed with how amazing and mouth-watering these macaroons were. They were the perfect favor!

Next time the hair stylist, the venues, and décor vendors will be shared! Stay tuned for those!


~ The Sheepish Bride

All photographs are (c) AJ Batac + Krypton Enerio

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. They are inspirations for us to keep doing what we are doing!

    ReplyDelete