Thursday 28 August 2014

Keep Calm...YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!


Congratulations!

You're engaged to the love of your life, your Prince Charming, your best friend. You've probably experienced (and may still be experiencing) that "high as the sky" feeling as you break the news to your family and friends. But with every new "congratulations" and "I'm so happy for you!", comes the overly-repeated questions that slowly, but surely, drain the helium from your balloon. You know the questions I'm talking about...

-- When's the date?
-- Have you set a date?
-- Where are you getting married?
-- When's the big day?
-- Am I invited?
-- WHEN IS IT???

By now your feet are starting to plant firmly back on the ground as the reality of what is in store for you begins to set in. The next sensation you are likely to feel soon (or already have) is perhaps a teeny bit of PANIC!

Fear not! This is perfectly normal. Even if you are a bride like myself, who had spent countless hours "planning" her wedding on Pinterest since your first month anniversary with you then-boyfriend, and even if you have about a year before the "I do", there is a stark difference between fantasizing all the different possibilities with decorations and wedding dresses and venues, and actually making a decision that you will have to see through and live with for the rest of your life!

This level of anxiety/stress/panic may be increased if you're the sort of bride who never actually put a whole lot of thought into your wedding prior your engagement. That's fine! You can still do this! Is your engagement only 6 months? It's still doable!

I'm here to reassure you that you won't die of a heart attack, and that in the end, everything will be fine...so long as you take the reigns right now, find a planning strategy, and lose any fear of asking for help!

I am currently 9 months away from my big day, and I have survived the first few hurdles of the planning process. I will share not only my experiences, as we go through this together, but anything I have learned from other sources, whether it be online or from my wifey friends who already tied the knot!

Follow my blog to get my up-coming posts about finding a planning strategy, the dos and don'ts, as well as sources I used to help my plan all sorts of aspects of my wedding! I also like to share lists of (mostly local) vendors and venues, particularily if I went to a wedding at said venues, and give my review of them.

Basically I will rant about anything and everything I think will be helpful and useful for you, the bride, as you plan your wedding!

~Cheers
The Sheepish Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment