Wednesday 14 January 2015

Say YES to that Dress - Part 2


My big day is now less than 6 months away, and so recently my fiancé and I have been looking at tuxes. With the Wedding Show coming up this Sunday, we really wanted to take advantage of some deals. I never thought it would be so stressful!

Here are some things you should consider when you go wedding dress shopping (that I hadn't) so that you don't have a headache when you are looking for tuxes.

#1 - White, Ivory and all the shades in between:

Something I never considered when I said YES to my dress was "Will my dress go well with white shirts, or will it clash?" As my fiance was trying on tuxes, it hit me: I have no idea if the white from his shirt and the groomsmen shirts will clash with my ivory dress! I wish I had, especially since I don't get to see my dress until February at the earliest.

Here is why it is important to know and memorize as best you can, the color of your wedding gown:
 a) The most obvious reason is, if there is a lot of white on the men, it could make your dress look yellow if it's a very beige-y ivory.
b) If you do go with ivory shirts for the men too, you want to make sure that they compliment. Last thing you want is for your lighter dress to make the shirts look yellow.



#2 - Don't just compare the deals, but also consider the following:

When deciding which vendor you will go with for tux rentals, don't forget to ask how much their rentals cost. Vendor 1 may offer 50$ off while Vendor 2 might offer only 30$ off, but maybe Vendor 1 charges 300$ while Vendor 2 charges 200$.

Other things to consider:
- Quality of the suits
- The material of the suits (please, please, PLEASE make sure you get your guys breathable shirts if you are having a summer wedding! My poor fiance who was in a wedding this past summer learned the hard way the difference between a cotton shirt and a silk/microfiber shirt!
- The perks : does your vendor custom-fit the suits? (which will make everyone look better!) Can you pick up at any location? Etc.


Okay, I think that is it.
Happy wedding planning, beautiful brides!

~ The Sheepish Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment